Friday, February 25, 2005

Dismemberment Plan on vinyl

This is my first entry obviously and i feel the need to address this in my opening sentence.

The Dismemberment Plan never released any full length albums on vinyl, although they did release 3 7"s, one of which was a split with the band Juno.

Dismemberment Plan - Can We Be Mature 7" on alcove
Dismemberment Plan/Juno split 7" on bcore
Dismeberment Plan - What Do You Want Me To Say? 7" on DeSoto

As for the possibility of a future release of the full length LP s Emergency and I and Change onto vinyl in the future i received a response from DeSoto via email:

The Plan themselves were never particularly interested in doing vinyl so we didn't. I wish I could consider it, but I can barely keep up with the current DeSoto work right now. Sorry...I know it's frustrating for the vinyl aficionados out there.

Apparantly there was a bootleg LP of Emergency and I made in Japan out of 70. The details of this are limited but "It had a plain black cover that says "d-plan" embossed in white, plain black labels on black vinyl".

I have located copies of what do you want me to say 7" in a distro as for the full length releases we can only hope and wonder something may happen in the future.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

Ahhhhhh vinyl, Viva la 7 inch!!!!

http://7inches.blogspot.com

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, the D-Plan are my fav band, and I just had a dream the other night about having Emergency & I on vinyl... only it had all these added samples in between the songs that aren't on the CD version. Weird.

Nice blog ;)

2:46 PM  
Blogger Kasper said...

I would love just to have "What Do You Want me To Say?" on vinyl. That would kick ass... is that one ever up for sale anywhere or is it just mega rare?

1:51 AM  
Blogger Mike McCusker said...

I guess you know by now but Barsuk are re-releasing Emergency and I on vinyl in January 2011.

Also, "What Do You Want Me To Say?" b/w "Since You Died" was released in Europe by Filler Records and Jet Black Records, both based in Holland.

Not sure of the date, but I picked it up at a DPlan gig in Leeds, UK in 2000.

4:27 AM  
Anonymous Joamiq said...

Emergency & I is out on vinyl now!

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home